Importance of Current Affairs
Current Affairs play a very important role in the competitive exams like SBI Clerk Mains, RBI Assistant Mains, SEBI Grade A Phase I etc. Questions from this section are generally asked in all competitive exams and if you are well-prepared with this section, you can easily give a good boost to your overall score. The current affairs section is well known for the indefinite range of topics and it doesn’t necessarily follow any particular syllabus. The current affairs section is actually a part of the general awareness section and if aspirants are well-prepared for this section, they can easily answer the questions.
If Well-prepared, Current Affairs is a Scoring Section
Unlike other sections like reasoning and quantitative aptitude, there isn’t any calculation involved in these questions and aspirants will either know the answer to the question or they won’t know it. This is what makes current affairs questions easy to answer, but the caveat is that you should do beforehand preparation and do it really well. Almost all the competitive exams now-days have current affairs/general awareness section and you can score good marks in this section if you’re well prepared for it. However, be mindful that this section can’t be prepared in 15-20 days.
Get Started with Current Affairs Preparation
Generally, 6-7 months of current affairs questions are asked in the competitive exams and you need to be well-versed with this much of current affairs to get good marks in this section. To help you with your preparation, we have been publishing weekly current affairs so that you can prepare & revise current affairs on a regular basis. In this article, we have come up with the Free PDF of Weekly Current Affairs May (Week 4) 2020 (download link below). But first, let’s have a look at some tips which will definitely help you with your current affairs preparation:
- Read Newspapers on a daily basis to improve your current affairs knowledge. Make your own notes. These notes will be very helpful when the exam is near and you need a quick revision.
- Read Current Affairs Magazines on a regular basis and make your own notes.
- Take Regular Current Affairs Quizzes
- Use Free Weekly Current Affairs PDFs & Monthly Current Affairs PDFs
- Allocate 2-3 hours on preparation of current affairs on a daily basis.
- Revise your notes on a regular basis
Following all the above steps will definitely improve your current affairs preparation and you will be able to get good marks in this section. Keep taking Mock Tests to see how well are you faring in the current affairs/ general awareness section.
This is all from us in this article. Use the comments section below if you have any feedback/ input for us. Wishing you good luck with your preparation!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"