Current Affairs which is a part of the General Awareness section of a majority of Banking, Government and Insurance exams is one of the scoring sections. Also, unlike Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning, there is no calculation required to answer the question. Often, this section is considered difficult by aspirants as there is no specific syllabus from which questions can be asked. In the current affairs section, questions can be asked on any topic which has been in news for the past 6-7 months.
So it becomes important to keep abreast of all the current affairs which are taking place. Aspirants who are preparing for SBI Clerk Mains, SEBI Grade A Phase I, RBI Assistant Mains, SSC CHSL Tier I etc. have to pull up their socks for this section. Good preparation in this section can give a good boost to your overall score and help you get that government job you’ve been aiming for. To help you with your Current Affairs preparation, we have come up with weekly compilations of current affairs. These weekly PDFs will help you with a systematic preparation of the current affairs section.
Let’s have a look at this week’s Current Affairs PDF.
1. NITI Aayog will launch the project ‘Decarbonising Transport in India’ in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF) for reducing the carbon dioxide emission caused due to transportation in the country.
India’s Decarbonising Transport initiative is a part of the DTEE ( Decarbonising Transport in Emerging Economies).
2. Researchers at which IIT Bombay has created a chip named ‘Dhruva’ that can be mounted in smartphones and navigation devices to find places and routes within the country.
3. Coal India Limited has entered into the partnership with NITI Aayog’s flagship initiative Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), to actively support the key innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives across India.
4. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) India has partnered with which IIT Delhi to support state and national governments in achieving food and nutrition security.
5. The Union Cabinet has approved the declaration of the Kushinagar Airport as an international airport, which is located in Uttar Pradesh.
6. A behaviour change campaign named ‘Navigating the New Normal’ has been launched by NITI Aayog in partnership with Melinda Gates Foundation to follow practices to contain the spread of COVID19.
7. According to the report, ‘Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER) 2020 released by the Startup Genome, Bangalore, is included in the world’s top-30 startup ecosystem ranking.
8. IIT Ropar and IIT Indore has secured top 100 ranks in the “THE Young University Rankings 2020” released by the Times Higher Education. The Times Higher Education (THE) released THE Young University Rankings 2020 for the universities which are 50 years old or younger.
9. Ministry of Culture is celebrating the “Sankalp Parva” from 28th June to 12 July 2020. This initiative has been launched to plant at least five trees either in Office campus.
10. The Government of India has signed an agreement with World Bank to provide affordable housing to the urban poor of Tamil Nadu.
11. Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan virtually inaugurated Battery Swapping Facility Quick Interchange Service (QIS) in Chandigarh.
12. Tripura state government has launched Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar scheme to provide nutrition kits to pregnant and lactating women.
13. Madhya Pradesh state government will launch a campaign called ‘Kill Corona’ from 1st July 2020 under which door-to-door Survey will be conducted to control the spread of COVID-19.
14. World’s Largest Plasma Therapy Trial under Project ‘Platina’ was launched in Maharashtra.
15. The forest department of Uttarakhand state has developed India’s first lichen park.
Lichens are found in the Himalayas up to 5000 metres are important species as they are the best bioindicators of the pollution levels.
16. Gujarat state government has launched ‘At One Click’ Initiative for MSMEs & Other Bigger Industries.
17. As per the data released by the United States (US) Treasury Department what is India stands at 12th position as a holder of US government securities.
18. China has decided to join the multilateral Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).
19. Mt. Merapi an active volcano erupted of Indonesia twice in June, 2020.
20. Mali has granted the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) contract for the development of a 500
MW solar park to NTPC Limited.
21. According to latest study by OECD’s, India, France and Germany are top three countries as Exchange of Information partners of Switzerland. India is getting detailed information on request, from Switzerland about bank accounts and beneficiary ownership of entities established by its residents.
22. ‘36th ASEAN Summit held via video conference under chairmanship of Vietnamese Prime
Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc with a theme of Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN
REPORTS & SCHEMES
23. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA)’ via video conference from Khagaria district of Bihar. The outlay of this campaign is Rs 50,000 Crores and the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) is the nodal Ministry for its implementation.
24. As per the Annual Tuberculosis Report 2020 released by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
TB patient in India was risen by _14 per cent in 2019.
25. As per the new Purchasing Power Parities (PPPs) released by the World Bank, India ranks 3rd largest economy in terms of PPPs. China was at first position with 16.4% and the USA at the second position with 16.3%.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
26. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has slashed India’s growth outlook for the current fiscal year to -4.5 per cent.
FINANCE AND BANKING
27. UCO Bank partnered with 4 entity: SBI Life Insurance Company, the Oriental Insurance Company and Religare Health Insurance Company, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company to spread the penetration of Life Insurance Policy.
28. Moody’s Investors Service in its Global Macro Outlook 2020-21 has projected the Indian economy to shrink by 3.1% per cent in the fiscal year 2020 ________3.1%.
29. Karnataka Bank has launched a new product ‘KBL Micro Mitra’ for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
30. Reserve Bank of India has extended a special liquidity window for Rs 50,000 crores for Yes Bank
31. USD 500 million has been approved by the World Bank to improve the learning outcome and governance of government schools in six Indian states under STARS Programme. The project, Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS), will be implemented through the Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, the flagship central scheme, in Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha and Rajasthan.
32. Minimum Rs 1000 amount can be invested in the newly launched Floating Rate Savings Bonds, 2020 (Taxable) Scheme. The Floating Rate Savings Bonds 2020 (FRSB Bonds) will have a tenure of 7 years and the interest rate will keep varying during the tenure of the scheme. Currently, the rate of interest has been set at 7.15 per cent per annum payable half-yearly.
33. Yes Bank has launched a digital wallet solution ‘Yuva Pay’ in partnership with UDMA Technologies Pvt Ltd to enable contactless payments for its customers.
34. PhonePe has partnered with ICICI Bank on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) multi-bank model to provide its users the option to create and use multiple UPI IDs.
35. Business to Business (B2B) digital platform for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) has partnered with Standard Chartered Bank to Launch Credit Card for MSMEs.
36. World Bank has approved $500 million to build road connectivity along the Jashore-Jhenaidah corridor directly connecting Dhaka in Bangladesh with India and Bhutan.
AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
37. Amartya Kumar Sen has been selected for the 2020 Peace Prize of the German Book Trade.
PERSON IN NEWS
38. Natarajan Chandrasekaran has been re-nominated as a Part-Time Non-Official Director on RBI Central board for 2 years.
39. Lazarus Chakwera was elected as the new President of MALI.
40. Micheal Martin has been elected as new Prime Minister of Ireland.
41. UP Governor, Anandiben Patel has taken additional charges as the governor of Madhya Pradesh.
42. Famous sportsperson K Raghunath passed away recently, he was associated with Basketball.
43. Noted novelist Geetha Nagabhushan has passed away recently, she used to write in Kannada.
44. Renowned personality Vishwa Bandhu Gupta passed away recently, he was a veteran Journalist.
45. The United Nations Public Service Day is observed globally every year on 23rd June.
46. National Statistics Day 2020’ celebrated every year on 29th June. The National Statistics Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of PC Mahalanobis, often referred to as the ‘father of Indian statistics. “Good Health and Well Being and Gender Equality“, is the theme for National Statistics Day 2020.
47. The UN’s International Day of Mali is observed globally every year on 30th June
48. Rahul Dravid has been declared as the greatest Indian Test batsman of all time, according to a poll conducted by Wisden India.
49. Nitin Menon an Indian umpire who has been inducted into International Cricket Council’s Elite Panel of Umpires
50. Australia and New Zealand will host the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023
51. Liverpool football club has won the English Premier League 2019-20. This is the first time that Liverpool has won the English Premier League title.
52. Kiren Rijiju has launched the National Anti-Doping Agency’s first mobile app named as “NADA App”.
We hope that this series of Weekly Current Affairs PDFs will be helpful in your preparation. Wishing you good luck with your preparation!
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"