When it comes to General Awareness section candidates often find it a piece of cake and thus don’t give much weightage to it while preparing for the upcoming banking and government exams. However, General Awareness is one of the a scoring section and needs constant revision and updates. Current Affairs plays an important role and is an intrinsic part of the General Awareness section. With the exam dates for SBI PO, SBI Clerk Mains, SEBI Grade A and RBI Assistant Mains 2020 etc can be expected anytime soon now, its high time that one must keep up their preparation levels well especially for the current affairs section. As mentioned above that it is a scoring section thus, one must stay prepared well in advance and simply revision is to be done when the exam dates come. When it comes to Current Affairs 5 to 6 months current affairs are to be revised thoroughly. Also, this series of our weekly current affairs PDF is surely going to help candidates alot.
Our expert General Awareness team create these weekly current affairs PDFs as they have an eye to detail as what is expected to be asked in the exams from the Current Affairs section. We highly recommend aspirants to download these free PDFs and to start revising these on a regular basis. In this article we are providing current affairs PDF for the 3rd week of June 2020. This current affairs PDF is absolutely free to download.
Read through the details of the Weekly Current Affairs June (Week 3) 2020 PDF.
1. The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is to roll out a project to produce Palamgur and Neera. The initiative is to generate huge employment.
2. Uday Kotak will chair the advisory committee formed by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) on Corporate Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation process. It will suggest and provide professional support on a request from the IBBI or on its own volition on any matter with respect to the Corporate Insolvency resolution and liquidation dealt with by the Board under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016.
3. IIT Kharagpur has developed an Artificial Intelligence-based cyber-physical system to monitor social distancing in public places. The device will play a proximity alert sound through audio output, whenever any violation will occur.
4. India ranked 43rd in the annual World Competitiveness Index 2020 compiled by Institute for Management Development (IMD).
5. IIT Hyderabad has developed an Artificial Intelligence-powered COVID-19 test, which can be performed at an affordable cost. The test kit can produce results in around 20 minutes for symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
6. TCS has partnered with IBM to co-develop to accelerate digital and cognitive enterprise transformation. As part of the tie up, TCS will establish an IBM Enterprise Cloud Architecture Unit, which will include technical professionals from both companies.
7. Composite Regional Centre (CRC) for Skill Development, Rehabilitation and Employment of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs)” has been inaugurated in Ranchi. The centre was inaugurated by Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot, and Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda.
8. Amitabh Kant will lead the high-powered committee of top executives of technology companies formed by NITI Aayog to develop a job platform for migrant labours who lost their job during lock down. The committee will look into technology-based measures to address the issue related to migrant laborers.
9. Stellapps and Zestmoney these two Indian Startups were featured in the List of Technology Pioneers of 2020, released by the World Economic Forum (WEF). The List includes the pioneers focusing on carbon capture, alternative meat, circular economies, food security and financial access.
10. Indian Railways’ Central Railway zone has installed 1st of its kind an Automated Ticket Checking & Managing Access (ATMA) machine at Nagpur station. The machine has been introduced at the station under the New, Innovative Non Fare Revenue Ideas Scheme (NINFRIS) policy to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
11. Indian Railways has created a new world benchmark by successfully running first Double-Stack Container Train in high rise in Over Head Equipment electrified territory on Western Railway. This achievement is a first of its kind in the entire world and will also boost the ambitious mission of Green India.
12. Uttar Pradesh state government has set up a labour commission to ensure social and economic security for migrant workers. The objective of the Commission is to provide maximum employment to the workers at the local level in private and non-government sector as per their skill and employment opportunities.
13. West Bengal state government has launched Karmo Bhumi, a job portal to help IT professionals who have lost their jobs after the outbreak of COVID-19 and returned to the state.
14. Uttar Pradesh state government has decided to adopt the scheme of Flatted Factory Model, which means the non-polluting industries can operate in Multistore buildings. The committee is headed by Alok Kumar Principal Secretary (Infrastructure & Industrial Development).
15. Uttar Pradesh state has become the top state in India to provide employment to the workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA). According to the data released, 57 lakh 12975 workers got employment is around 57 thousand village panchayats
of the state which is 18% of the total work generated under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) in the country.
16. Tripura state government has decided to start ‘Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho’ –meaning ‘Play Little, Study Little’ scheme. The scheme will be implemented via SMS or WhatsApp.
17. Rajasthan has announced ‘Indira Rasoi Yojna (Indira Kitchen Scheme) to provide pure and nutritious food to the economically weaker sections of the society.
18. Verified initiative has been launched by the United Nations to fight the spreading of misinformation (Infodemic) about COVID-19 with fact-based accurate information. The initiative is led by the United Nations Department of Global Communication (DGC) with an aim to provide facts about COVID-19 in the digital space.
The initiative is a collaboration with Purpose, one of the world’s leading social mobilization organizations, and supported by the IKEA Foundation and Luminate.
19. United Kingdom has announced ‘Jet Zero’ plan to drive down aviation emissions and to make carbon-free transatlantic flights possible. The U.K. is chasing a target to make the country a net-zero economy by 2050.
20. Teams for Education is launched by Microsoft to engage and prepare students and teachers for new remote and hybrid learning formats in the upcoming school year.
21. India has been elected as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for a two-year term from the Asia-Pacific category for the 2021-22 term. Along with India, Ireland, Mexico and Norway also won the Security Council elections held last night. India was a candidate for a non-permanent seat from the Asia-Pacific category for the 2021-22 term.
22. India will send 75-member Tri-Service contingent to participate in the military parade to Russia on the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Second World War.
23. India has signed a credit financing agreement with France promising 200 million euros to support the social welfare system and India’s covid response. The fund will be provided to India through the AFD, French Development Agency.
REPORTS & SCHEMES
24. According to the annual report on displacement titled “Global Trends- Forced Displacement in 2019″ released by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) approximately 1% percent of world population faced forced displacement. On the Global front, the displacement number is 79.5 million or one in every 97 people on the planet at the end of 2019.
25. According to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2020, the Global Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) flows are forecast to decrease by up to 40 per cent per cent in 2020.
26. According to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2020, India ranked 9th largest recipient of the foreign direct investment in 2019.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
27. As per the new framework of the RBI the National Payment Corporation of India and National Electronic Fund Transfer will be treated as Financial Market Infrastructure (FMI).
28. It is to be noted that in general Systematically important FMIs till now only included Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), Securities Settlement Systems (SSSs), Clearing Corporation of India Ltd. (CCIL) and Negotiated Dealing System (NDS). In addition, NPCI has also been designated as a “system wide important payment system (SWIPS).
29. The Reserve Bank of India on its Discussion Paper on ‘Governance in Commercial Banks in India’ proposed maximum age limit for CEOs and whole time Directors belonging to the promoter group of banks to be 70 years.
30. PK Mohanty will chair the committee formed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance and corporate structure of private sector banks.
31. According to the payroll data of EPFO witnessed 28.6%. increase in formal employment in 2019-20. The main reason for this is the low withdrawal by EPFO subscribers due to the government’s policy reforms such as implementing GST, allowing fixed income contracts as well as better returns on PF (Provident Fund) deposits.
32. According to Asian Development Outlook by the Asian Development Bank, in FY 2020-21 Indian economy is projected to contract by 4 per cent.
FINANCE AND BANKING
33. ICICI Bank has launched ‘Insta Flexicash’, an online overdraft facility for its salary account customers. The end-to-end fully digital facility can be accessed with no documentation, using the Bank’s internet banking platform without visiting a bank branch.
34. Airtel Payments Bank has launched ‘Suraksha Salary Account’ for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). Through this innovative account construct, MSMEs and other organisations will be able to make cashless payments and provide a financial security blanket to their employees.
35. In accordance with the weekly statistical data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s foreign reserves crossed the 500 billion mark.
India’s forex reserves comprise foreign currency assets (FCAs), gold reserves, special drawing rights (SDRs), and India’s reserve position with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The FCAs, the largest component of the forex reserves, increased by $8.422 billion to $463.630 billion.
36. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has joined hands with UK based tech firm TropoGo Limited to launch India’s 1st ‘Pay as you Fly’ insurance for drone-owners in India.
37. Infosys becomes the first Indian company to sign Climate Pledge with Amazon and Global Optimism to become Net-Zero Carbon by 2040.
38. As per the SEBI Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers Amendment Regulations, 2020 promoters owning 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in a company now can increase 10%. percent shareholding in a year.
SEBI Amended it after exercising the powers conferred under section 30 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992. SEBI has amended the regulation 3, in sub-regulation (2) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011 to enhance the acquisition limit for promoters of a listed company.
39. Bank of Baroda is going to completely digitize its lending operations including home, agriculture, Micro, MSMEs, personal and Auto loans.
The bank has set up a new vertical, digital lending department at the corporate office, which will have substantial overlap with various credit verticals including Retail, MSME, Agri & service verticals like Analytics centre, Risk Management, Marketing.
40. ICICI Home Finance Company Limited has launched “SARAL” scheme for a special affordable house loan for urban and rural areas. The loan requires compulsory ownership of a woman in the country’s rural areas from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
41. As per the proposed new rules for Housing Finance companies the Reserve Bank of India has increased the Minimum net owned funds (NOF) from Rs 10 crore to Rs 20 crore in order to strengthen their capital base.
42. Fitch Ratings has revised the outlook on India’s long-term foreign-currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to negative from stable and affirmed the rating at BBB-.
The move comes after another rating agency Moody’s earlier this month downgraded India’s sovereign rating by a notch to lowest investment grade of ‘Baa2’ for the first time in 22 years.
43. Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has collaborated with Karur Vysya Bank to offer simpler and flexible financing plans for new clients.
44. Hyundai Motor India Limited partnered with HDFC Bank to offer industry 1st online auto retail financing on its end-to-end online automotive retail platform, ‘Click to Buy’ to the customers
45. Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has become the most valued Indian company with almost Rs 11.83 trillion market capitalization. In dollar terms, RIL’s m-cap translates into $155 billion, making it the 54th largest company globally. RIL is the most valued firm followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), which is valued at Rs 7.7 trillion.
AWARDS & RECOGNISTION
46. Deccan Development Society (DDS) has won the Biodiversity award 2020 of Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation. The award is given to recognise the individuals for their actions and the organisations for their contribution in preserving the planet in the three priority areas of the foundation.
47. Jammu and Kashmir has been conferred with three prestigious Deen Dayal Upadhyay Sashaktikaran Puraskar for its outstanding contribution to the socio-economic development of the Gram Panchayats across the state/UTs.
PERSON IN NEWS
48. Kubatbek Boronov has been appointed as the Prime Minister of which country Kyrgyzstan.
49. Turkish’s diplomat Volkan Bozkir has been elected president of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly.
50. Sethuraman Panchanathan an Indian-American has been appointed as the Director of the National Science Foundation (NSF) by the USA senate.
51. Urjit Patel has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP). The appointment of the Urjit Patel has been made for a period of four years. He will be replacing the outgoing chairman Vijay Kelkar.
52. Maha Vir Chakra awardee Lt Gen (retd) Raj Mohan Vohra passed away due to COVID-19. He was a 1971 war hero. Lt Gen Vohra had received the coveted award in 1972.
53. Renowned personality Dinu Ranadive passed away recently was a veteran Journalist. The veteran journalist was born in 1925 at a tribal hamlet at Dahanu near Mumbai.
54. Film Director, Scriptwriter, and Producer K.R. Sachidanandan passed away recently, he was associated with which language films Malayalam.
55. Renowned personality and B.P.R. Vithal passes away recently, he was a veteran Economist. B.P.R. Vithal also worked at the International Monetary Fund as the fiscal adviser to the governments of Malawi and Sudan.
56. The International Day of Family Remittances is observed every year on which date by the United Nations 16th June. The theme of the for the year 2020 is ‘Remittances are a lifeline’.
57. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed on 17th June every year with the theme of Food. Feed. Fibre. – the links between consumption and land.
58. Sustainable Gastronomy Day is observed globally every year on 18th June. This day is observed to acknowledge gastronomy as a cultural expression related to nature as well as the cultural diversity of the world.
59. World Hydrography Day is observed globally every year on 21st June. World Hydrography Day 2020 theme is “Hydrography enabling autonomous technologies”.
60. World Music Day is observed globally every year on 21st June.
61. International Day of Yoga 2020 celebrated world wide by the United Nations on 21st June with the theme of Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home.
62. IM Vijayan has been recommended for the fourth highest civilian award in India, the Padmashri, is associated with which sports Football.
63. The 4th edition of Asian Youth Para Games to be held in Bahrain in December 2021.
64. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov.has won the World Stars Sharjah Online International Chess Championship 2020.
66. Niki Poonacha the Indian tennis player has been elected as a player member to ITF World Tennis Tour Player Men’s panels.
We sincerely hope that this free current affairs PDF will be helpful in your exam preparation.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- PracticeMock recommends AffairsCloud Current Affairs 2020 PDF. Buy Now and get Rs. 30 off by using the coupon code "PRACTICEMOCK"