If you are preparing for banking & government exams, current affairs are important from the perspective of scoring high marks in the general awareness section. Generally, 6-7 months of current affairs are covered in a competitive exam. It’s obviously a task to keep memorizing all the news and events on an ongoing basis and to keep revising them on a frequent basis. Well! To make this task easy, we have come up with a series of weekly current affairs PDFs where we cover all the important events of a given particular week.
While we strongly suggest you to prepare your own notes for current affairs, these weekly current affairs PDFs are meant for a quick revision when the exams are near. Also, you can include any important information which you might have missed while making your notes. So what are you waiting for? Download the Free PDF below and start preparing for current affairs. You can also take free current affair quizzes to evaluate your performance.
- India virtually hosted the 8th Meeting of Agriculture Experts of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Countries 2021 Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Department of Animal husbandry & Dairying (DAHD) & Department of Rural Development (DoRD) sign an MoU.
- On the lines of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahostav’, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was inked between Department of Animal husbandry & Dairying (DAHD) of Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (MoFAHD), and Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) on September 1, 2021 for rural economic growth.
- It was signed by Atul Chaturvedi, Secretary, DAHD; and Nagendra Nath Sinha, Secretary, Department of Rural Development (DoRD), MoRD.
- Under the MoU, a new accredited model namely ‘A-HELP (Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production)’ is introduced which will be implemented pan-India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the 37th edition of PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation) meeting and reviewed 8 projects and 1 scheme (One Nation – One Ration Card).
- PRAGATI is an ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) based communications multi-modal platform involving both the Centre and state governments.
- It enables the PM to discuss the issues with the concerned central and state officials with full information and the latest visuals of the ground-level situation.
- The cost of 8 projects amounting to Rs 1,26,000 crore pertaining to 14 states.
- Goa has launched ‘Save Water to Get Free Water’ scheme under which state households will not be charged for water consumption up to 16,000 litres.
- With this move, Goa becomes the first Indian state to supply water free of cost to its citizens w.e.f. September 1, 2021.
- On September 1, 2021, the popular festival of the Adi Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh namely ‘Solung’ has began. Its celebrations will continue till 5 days. It is a harvest festival performed after sowing of seeds and transplantation, to seek for good crops.
- Jammu and Kashmir (JK)’s Lieutenant Governor (LG) Manoj Sinha has launched a Rural Enterprises Acceleration Programme named ” Saath ” for the Self Help Groups (SHGs) Women.
- According to the report titled ‘Uncertain Pathways: How gender shapes the experiences of children on the move’ by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the number of persons living outside their birth country or citizenship reached a record high of 281 million in 2020, representing 3.6% of the global population.
- In this, 36 million of them were recorded as children.
- Nigeria’s Central Bank announced the partnership with Bitt Inc, the global fintech company, as a technical partner for the launch of its own cryptocurrency ‘eNaira’ by the end of 2021.
- The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a $50 million loan agreement with an Indian financial institution Northern Arc Capital (NAC) to support the funding of Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) in India, that provide financial services to women.
- This loan will be provided through co-financing with the United States International Development Finance Corporation (USDFC) based on the Facility for Accelerating Financial Inclusion in Asia (FAIA) (Announced on March 27, 2020).
- This loan is the 1st co-financing with USDFC in India.
- The World’s largest and tallest observation wheel named ‘Ain Dubai’ is set to be opened in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 21st October 2021. The ain Dubai is located at Bluewaters Island.
- On 1st September 2021, Indian Army took part in “KAZIND-21” – a joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan at Aisha Bibi village of Kazakhstan. 90 soldiers from Indian Army participated in the 5th edition of the KAZIND, an annual bilateral exercise, that is planned to be held between September 1 to 10, 2021.
- The United Nations Programme on Environment (UNEP) formally stated that, toxic leaded Petrol was Eradicated from the World.
- It was achieved after the Campaign, that was launched by UNEP in association with the Partnership for Clean Fuels and Vehicles (PCFV) to eradicate the toxic leaded Petrol in 2002.
- Download Practicemock App for Updated Current Affairs, Free Topic-Wise Quizzes and Free Mini Mocks
- Download Free Study Material Here